Wednesday 29 November 2017

Winter landscapes

Next week I have booked a place on a day's workshop with mixed media artist Soraya French.  The theme is "Expressive Textured Winter Landscapes in Mixed Media".  I am already sorting out what I need to take with me - it seems like a mountain of supplies - acrylics, inks, oil and soft pastels, gesso, texture paste, glue, collage papers, palettes, paper, brushes, pencils, etc. etc.  These are all the materials I have on hand at home, but the thought of hauling all these on public transport (at least for one leg of the journey) is quite daunting.  Maybe time to think about an old ladies' shopping trolley!

In the meantime, I have been sorting through my sketches for some suitable reference images and will include two or three from a winter Norwegian cruise we took some years ago.

Stockmarknes - pen and watercolour

Snowy Nesna - pen and watercolour

Turf-roofed fisherman's hut, Saltstraumen -
pen and watercolour

No comments:

Post a Comment