Wednesday 30 August 2017

A concertina book

I saw an image of a circular concertina book on Pinterest and decided to try my hand at making one (unfortunately I have lost the link to the post that inspired me*).  I had made a similar structure in the past using square pages, but this looked even more interesting.

To ensure I cut my eight pages all the same size, I printed just the outline on 100 gsm cream printer paper.   I made a circular foam stamp to add a bit of colour, folded and assembled the book using double-sided tape.  The edges of the pages were washed with pink then gold acrylic.  Rather than attach hard covers, I made a small quadrant shaped box to contain the folded book and a ribbon eases it from its resting place.  The diameter of each page is 5".

I am now trying to think of a suitable theme to incorporate different images on each page.

Foam stamp, print sample, quadrant box and finished book

Finished book

Alternative display method

*  I have now found the link to the work of Helen Malone

No comments:

Post a Comment